The care of your health is a partnership between yourself and the Primary Health Care Team. The success of the partnership depends on an understanding of each others needs and co-operation between us.
Our responsibility to you:
- You will be greeted courteously.
- You have right to confidentiality.
- We will respect our patients’ privacy and confidentiality at all times.
- You have a right to see your medical records subject to limitations of the law.
- You will receive attention the same day if your problem is urgent.
- You will be seen by your preferred doctor whenever possible.
- You will be informed if there will be a delay for your appointment.
- You will be referred to a consultant when your doctor thinks it necessary.
- You will be given the result of any test as it becomes available.
- Your repeat prescription will be ready for collection within 48 hours (2 working days) of your request.
- Your suggestions and comments about the services offered will be considered sympathetically and any complaint dealt with quickly.
Your responsibility to us:
- Please treat our staff in courteous manner, they are here to help and remember they are working under doctors’ orders.
- Violent or abusive behaviour will not be tolerated and could lead to you being removed from the practice list.
- Do not ask for information about anyone other than yourself.
- Tell us of any change of name or address so that records are accurate. If you are waiting to be seen at the hospital please let them know too.
- Only request an urgent appointment if appropriate.
- Home visits should only be requested if you are really too ill to attend surgery, and night visits should be for emergencies only.
- Please cancel your appointment if you are unable to attend. Someone else could use your appointment.
- Please be punctual, but be prepared to wait if your own consultation is delayed by unexpected circumstances.
- Please allow sufficient time for your consultant’s letter or the result of any tests to reach us.
- Use the tear off slip to order your repeat prescriptions whenever possible.
- Please attend for review when asked, before your next prescription is due.
- Do let us know whenever you feel we have not met our responsibility to you. We would, of course, be pleased to hear when you feel praise is due as well.